Monday 1 July 2013

Baby products

I've written before about some of the items we've brought for little J:

http://two-plus-1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/buying-baby-bits-other-baby-shows.html?m=1

But I thought I'd do an updated post on how I was getting on with them, please note this my own personal views on each product.

So after my discussion we brought the Urbo pram and when we purchased it we got the aton car seat for free.  





One of the main benefits we thought was the fact little J would be able to go in there from birth. I always said I wouldn't buy the carrycot due to the price and also down to the limited time it would be used but as we found out one day little J is too tiny for the pram this meant we were limited to only being able to take him out in car seat. After a long conversation we decided  to bite the bullet and buy the carrycot for the pram. Although we had brought the pram and car seat new we decided that we would buy the carrycot 2nd hand. 


We took the carrycot out on Sunday to the river in Henley and he loved it. 



The only slight problem left was the sun so rather than using make shift sunshades we've brought the Kurtis Baby peace sun shade. This had been recommend to use by a lovely twitter and fellow blogger Mrs Shilts http://www.mrsshilts.co.uk I have to say I love her blog. Will let you know how we get on with this when it arrives.

For my changing bag I brought the :

http://www.momymoo.co.uk/index.php/maia-baby-changing-bag-teardrops.html

I'd not heard of them before the baby show but once I saw it I loved it. It has various pockets inside and a lovely pocket at the back where the changing mat is. The main thing I found missing from the bag was a nappy holder so through a recommendation on twitter I found this lovely lady called  Serendipity Belle on Facebook and she made me this lovely nappy & wipe holder 




I have to say I love it it holds at least 6 nappies a small packet of baby wipes (not started taking my cheeky wipes out yet) and some nappy sacks.

Bed wise we've obviously got little J a cot bed in his nursery but yet again he's too tiny to go into it but also more importantly down to guidelines newborns should sleep in the same room as you for the 1st 6 months. So we have what used to be my crib set up in our bedroom. We find this works really well and he loves the rocky notion. We have also got a Moses basket set up in our lounge the main reason for this as due to my c section I don't really want to be going up and down the stairs each time he wants a sleep.

As you may have picked up I lasted 5 days breast feeding before giving up. This was a personal choice and what worked best for our family. As I've said we brought the Mam bottles which I love and more importantly little J seems to be loving them too. What's so good about them is you can sterilise them in the microwave in 3 mins then just add fresh boiled water once cooled you are ready to go. Our normal routine is to make up 2-3 bottles at a time, guidelines say to put in fridge once made up. We do this most of the time unless either we're going out or it's night time in which case we leave 2 bottles out for the night feed and early morning feed. 


We've also brought a formula dispenser pot as you can't put the power into the water until you are ready to use it. So rather than having to take the powder milk upstairs and fart about trying to measure it out at 4am this way I can do it before I go to bed and then just pour it in when I'm ready.

My only other thing would be with bibs buy the ones with velcro rather than poppers so much easier to do up and undo.

No comments:

Post a Comment