Thursday 27 February 2014

Today is the day 1st day back at work

Well finally after 9 months D day has arrived the day most mothers dread the day one  returns to work!

I've said it before but to remind you it was my choice to return to work early. I think no matter when you return it will still be a hard day.

So this is my day:

Got woken up at about 4am by a screaming J, hubby had already gotten up a few times during the night, this time I got up too J was running a tempature again. Poor little thing he has tonsilitis mixed with teething, not pleasent for anyone let alone a 8 month old baby. Ibrophen and bottle later he was back to bed, I managed to get some more sleep until 6am when my alarm went off. Hubby had joked the night before why did I need to set my alarm as we had our own one in the other room but I'm glad I had now.

Shower, hair washed and dried and dressed was mixed with hubby having to pop his work van to his colleague down the road, J waking up grumpy and then doing a poo just want I needed. Thankfully I had chosen my outfit for my return and sorted out what I needed to take the night before.

7.19am and I'm out the door taking the 8 minute walk to the bus stop. I've actually forgotten how busy the bus gets. Normally I would be getting the slightly earlier one as I would have to take J to nursery before work but of course today due to his tempature J  stayed at home with daddy.

Sitting on the bus I'm actually filled with dread! I feel today is not going to be easy. Lots has changed in my job in the last 9 months!

Ended arriving 10 minutes late but my boss was fine. Nice touch was that my new colleagues had decorated my desk with balloons and a welcome back sign and my boss had brought me some flowers and a card. 1st thing was spent getting logged into my computer as me not remembering my password followed by sorting out my desk, emails etc.


I had pre-planned a lunch date with a colleague which was nice and of course I bumped into lots of old faces all who wanted to chat.

All in all it wasn't too bad! I'm glad I'm only doing a 2 day week this week! It's going to take some time to get back into the swing of things

No comments:

Post a Comment