Sunday 16 February 2014

J is 8 months old



Wow where does time go! it only feels like a week ago I was writing J's 7 month post.

Well lots has happened in the last month, J's sitting is going really well but also he has also learnt how to properly flip over to his belly and he can now flip back over too. He's also learnt how to backwards shuffle on his belly and he is trying to get his knees under so I'm sure in the next month or so that will go into a crawl! GOD HELP US hehe he's also just started to learn how to go from lying to sitting. It's funny to see how much he changes at the moment from week to week.

We took advantage of the Aldi baby event being on to get our selves prepared for the start of the crawling by buying a stair gate. We brought the Lindam on which has had good write ups. Although we've brought it and made sure it fits we've not yet installed it permimitalty.


The other big news is we now have our 1st two teeth at the bottom!



We had a bit of a nightmare week the week they came through. The monday he was very sleepy and clingy, the Tuesday he wouldn't sleep and was very grumpy then kept waking up every hour during the night, Wednesday he was a bit better and by Thursday we had our 1st tooth, the 2nd one followed within a couple of days. I have now brought J an amber necklace from The Bumblebee Baby Boutique on Facebook. I have heard good things about them and decided why not give it a go. My verdict is still out on it but will keep you posted.



J has now being going to nursery for the last month and seems to be really enjoying it. I'm differently finding him being there is doing him and me good. 

Weaning wise things have improved, I was having a tough time back in January struggling with a bit of PND. J is now having 3 meals a day finally think it was me stopping him progressing more than him not wanting. He enjoys all sorts of things, I have been mainly giving him pouches and Jars but I have been trying on some home cooked items like pasta and sauce and even trying him on left over roast dinner pureed up. I'm going to carry on with a mixture of both. I've also been giving J some finger foods which he seems to like. He's also now dropped his 10:30 bottle.




J is now finally out of his 3-6 months clothes and sleep suites and is now in his 6-9 month stuff.

So it seems from 7-8 months has been a busy month. I wonder what the next month will hold for us?

1 comment:

  1. It's always lovely to read your updates. J is so, so cute! x

    ReplyDelete