Sunday 10 November 2013

Never fail cup cakes


I thought I'd actually share my never fail cup cake recipe I was given a few years ago. It has to be the best recipe for cupcakes I have found and recently I have been experimenting with it.

You will need:
Mixing bowl
Electric hand whisk or food mixer
Wooden spoon
12 cupcake cases
12 hole yorkshire pudding tin
Cooling rack

125g caster suger
125g softened unsalted butter
125g Self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs beaten
2 tsp milk
1tsp Vanilla extract (or other flavouring)

Preheat oven to 190c 

In a bowl mix together the butter and sugar until very pale and fluffy. Next mix in the egg a little at a time and give a good mix in-between, if it starts to curdle add a little of the flour. 

Next mix in the flour and baking powder I tend to fold this in with a wooden spoon, add the vanilla extract (or other flavouring) and milk.

Place the cupcake cases in the yorkshire tin and divide the mixture between the 12 cases. Bake in the oven for approx 17 minutes until the sponge when pressed in the centre with your finger springs back.

Leave to cool slightly before transferring cases onto the cooling rack.

Once completely cool decorate how you wish. 

Some of mine : 








No comments:

Post a Comment