Friday 6 September 2013

Water babies




I had been recommend to use Waterbabies by one of my closes friends who took her little boy to the classes. I was so amazed by at 2 1/2 years old he didn't need armbands, I  wanted J to be the same. Also because I love the water so much I want to be able to take him swimming with me.

The main concept is to teach you how to teach your baby to swim. Within our welcome pack was the happy nappy, which every baby needs in order to go swimming, this has to be worn over a waterproof nappy. I went for the huggies little swimmers nappies.



I also brought one the huggies hygiene mats from Sainsburys after being recommend it by Mrs Shilts a fellow blogger. 

J also wore a wetsuit that i had been lent, I would differently recommend one of those. My friend recommended that I waited until we got to the pool to change J into his swim wear. This worked really well as I was ready I just had to get him dressed then we where then ready for our 1st lesson




To start with we were shown the safest way to get into the pool, this involved laying J on the side while I got in next to him before then lifting him in. During the 30 minute lesson we did various things including splashing water over his face and starting to let them get into the swim position which involves them laying stomach down with my hand under his chest.



He also had his 1st experience of going underwater which he loved.



The session lasted a total of 30 minutes which was just long enough for him. After the session Hubby took J and got him changed while I got changed myself. After this we went to the bar in the hotel and had a coffee so I could feed J, though he only took a very small fed before he fell asleep.

It will be more interesting next week trying to get myself and J dry after the session. I already can't wait for the next session!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment