Sunday 4 August 2013

Happy Anniversary to my gorgeous husband

Wow can't believe today I have ben married 5 whole years! where has that time gone and how my life has changed so much in that time. I started 2 new jobs (at same company) moved 3 times and of course had a baby!



To mark this day I thought I tell you about our wedding day. As you may have read before we got married in Oz on a little island called Hamilton up in the Whitsundays.

Un-covenantally I woke up on my wedding day next to the man I was going to marry. We had breakfast together before pottering around for the morning which was lovely. We then went our separate ways, I went and had my hair done while Chris went and got ready with his family



Chris cousin Val came and met me at the hairdressers and then we went back to the hotel to get ready. She was my surrogate mum for the day. Though I do really wish now my mum had been there with me.



Once dressed Val and I had some pictures taken before then being taken down to the beech. We got married on a private beech at Qualia which meant that there was only the wedding party there which was me & Chris, his mum, his Aunt Rosemary & uncle Derek and cousin Val. I walked down the sand aisle to Jack Johnson better together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhB_nvYOK4k



We had been allowed to choose most of our wedding vows and poems. I do remember parts of it but most was a bit like a dream. When choosing our wedding rings Chris wanted to make sure we had matching rings, originally I thought this might be impossible as I just wanted a plan very simple band to sit with my gorgeous engagement ring of a pink sapphire and 2 diamonds. After lots of searching we just happened to end up in Tiffany's was more to find me a new necklace for the wedding but Chris happened to find the rings he'd been looking for! 



After the ceremony we had lots of lovely photos taken. It's weird looking back on these now as i've lost so much weight. Have a peak at: http://www.progalleries.com.au/en/Album/Cover.asp?A=1258933
Below is just a couple of my fav's



After the photo's  we rejoining the family for a cocktail or 2 before dinner at the amazing Beach House dinner in a restaurant, this has now become Coca Chu. On arrival we were greeted by an amazing looking cake from Chris Mum, which tasted fantastic too and a couple of bottle of champaign from my parents.



After the amazing meal we returned to our hotel to discover that they had decorated our bathroom. 


It was such a perfect day and made special by everyone who was there and those who weren't!

So to my amazing Husband thank you for making the the happiest women 5 years ago and saying I do! You are not only my best friend, lover but also the most amazing father and husband. 



With you my life is complete! 

I love you to the moon and back and then soon. 

All my love always and forever x





No comments:

Post a Comment