Monday 1 July 2013

Bath time

Little J has had his 2nd bath now. This was a little more successful than his 1st bath the other night.




Before we got him undressed we got the bath all ready with the bath support in it, had a sponge at the ready and also a nice warm towel to wrap him in after.

We brought the munchkin white hot safety bath duck thermometer so we would knew if the bath was too hot the only downside to it is it doesn't tell you if the bath is too cold which I think may have been our problem the 1st time as little J wasn't keen at all and pretty much cried all the way through.

For the 1st bath we just used plan water but after conversations with my mum we decided that actually this might be making little J's skin dryer so for the 2nd bath we decided to add a bit of Johnson's baby top to toe bath this seemed to work a bit better.

After the 1st bath due to his dry skin we rubbed in olive oil in him, this had been recommended to us by our midwife but to be honest I found it slightly strange. So again after various conversations I decided to try something different so after the 2nd bath I just rubbed Johnson's baby oil into him which he seemed to like, I think it helped that I kept little J wrapped up in his towel while I rubbed the oil into him.

He differently seemed much happier having his 2nd bath which I am really happy about because I have booked him onto the water babies swimming sessions starting in September. I love the water and so I want my son to be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment