Saturday 27 July 2013

Baby Groups

Baby sensory

Took J to a taster session of baby sensory Friday after a fellow NCT girl had said she was going. I hadn't looked much into it back basically it looks at different ways you can stimulate your baby senses to help with your babies development. 


When I 1st turned up I was asked to take my shoes off before Kayleigh explained how the session work. It consists of baby simulation then quite play time followed by more baby simulation. I was told at any time it was ok to feed J and that not to worry if J was asleep or crying. The baby simulation takes place on a mat, they start by signing the hello song with signs honestly I found this a bit happy clappey. Then did various others things to music including signing a few other songs like if your happy and you know it. After about 20 minutes we then told to go and have quite play time over the other side of the room there was a vast eray of toys. I decided to let J have some tummy time before he got up set as he was hungry so I fed him. We then re gathered on the mats for more sensory. This time Kayleigh got out a big parachute and we waved it up and down while she put balloons on the top then there were bubbles.

After an hour the session ended. J was awake for the majority of it and seemed ok with it all as he didn't get upset. In the end I really enjoyed the session but part of me thinks he's a bit young at the moment I think it may be better when he's like 3 months or something, though Kayleigh did tell me that newborn babies start taking in everything even when asleep. My other slight problem is the class is on a friday morning and come Sept we won't be available. 


Long shot the verdict is still out, think I might try some baby groups at the local children centres

Bumps & Babies

I went to one of my local children centres bumps and babies groups not quite sure what I expected but not sure I'd go again. I ended up turning up a little late but thought it would be ok as it said it was a drop in but I'd missed the talk. The rest of the group was just mum's sitting on the floor chatting to be I want something I can do with my son.

Rhyme Time

I have been attending Rhyme time at my local library for a few weeks and have to say I love it. Although the one attend isn't massively suited to babies I still enjoy going and signing nursery rhymes to my son. It's differently a group I will continue to attend and highly recommend anyone trying their local one 

Baby Massage
One of the girls from my NCT group had found out about baby massage. It had been advertised at my local children centre so it was a class I had wanted to try. So between the girls we organised a local lady called Marilyn to come and run a 4 week course for us. We were lucky last week we have beautiful weather we were able to sit outside. 



I braved not having a nappy on J and we did the 30 minute session with him starkers but he seemed to like it. I really enjoyed the session and felt it was a good chance to bond more with J so I would differently recommend to others to do it.

Would you like to book a Baby Massage, Baby Signing or Baby Music Course, or any combination to suit you and your friends. Delivered in your own homes at a time and day to suit you? fully insured, CRB checked and experienced in running courses at local Reading Children's Centres. Typical price £20 for a 4 week course, for each baby. Contact Marilyn "First Fruits" at razmak@hotmail.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment