Monday 8 July 2013

3 weeks on

How time flies, can't believe Little J has been here 3 weeks already, seems like he's always been here.



Hubby been back at work a week now. I've been really lucky and my mum's been over 3 of the days, hubby managed to work from home another and I was left to my own devices Friday, which turned out to be a manic day.

So got up friday managed to get myself and Little J washed and ready to catch the 9:30 bus into Reading, where our 1st stop was Starbucks for a nice coffee for mummy and a nice bottle of milk for Little J. From there we went to Mothercare to take back some bodysuits I'd brought with my mum on Thursday, as normal I ended up buying the wrong size so had to return to get the right ones. Then we popped into work to see all the girls and show little J off. I ended up seeing colleague who'd had her baby in January but had returned to work, she was lovely and told me how good I was looking after 3 weeks. This cheered me up. Finally we went and met the NCT gang in John Lewis for lunch, it was lovely everyone bar 2 of the lads were there. At 2pm hubby picked us up and we went and got Little J registered before then visiting his great nan before going home and collapsing in a big heap.

So this week has started with me and little J having to manage by our selves. So far it's going ok, we had a few tears. The main thing I have to remember is to take it easy! Friday proved this as I've been feeling rubbish ever since. We have things planned for the rest of the week.

I kinda feel i'm ready to get into some kind of routine for both my sake and little J's. Pretty much now for the last week or so he's been feeing every 4 hours at 6am 10am 2pm 6pm 10pm then give or take 2am this has meant things have been slightly easy and I know where I am. During the day I tend to stir him about 15 mins before his fed time if he's not already awake which 9 times out of 10 he is. I then change his nappy before then feeding him. Currently he's taking 120ml of Cow & Gate comfort milk to help with his colic, yesterday I tried mixing this with the 1st infant milk 3/1 then 2/2 but today have just been on all comfort today. After 10pm we don't wake J for a fed we just leave him to wake naturally and the same at 6am, that fed always depends on what time he fed during the night. If he only fed at 4am then I would try and put him off his next fed until 10am or maybe 9:30 but then the rest of the feds would be on time.

We're currently only bathing J every other night with doing the top and tailing every morning but hoping to increase the bathing to every night at some point. The plan is to bath J at 5pm, have a cuddle then fed at 6pm before some awake time then bed time. At the moment J likes to fall asleep in our arms we are trying to put him down but I kidda feel it's ok as he's only little still. When we put him to bed we put him up in his crib and put the baby monitor on, we have found he likes noise in the background so have been putting the TV on in our bedroom and also he likes sleeping propped up so have put a blanket under the mattress.


No comments:

Post a Comment