Friday 28 June 2013

Nappies & baby wipes

Baby Wipes 
We'd decided ages ago that we were not going to buy any baby wipes after being recommended checky wipes. We brought the all in one kit for £39.99. You get 2 boxes: a clean box & a mucky box with 2 bottles of essential oils & the out & about travel bags. We went for the terry wipes as they can be used everywhere rather than the microfibre ones which can only be used on the face & hands. We love them as they are so easy to use, they collect up all the poo and make little J feel all fresh again. One wipe is normally enough as you can fold it upto 3 times, you put the used one in the mucky box which has a draw string bag in it, once fullish or when you put a wash on you do the bag up and pop it into the washing machine. When I first was recommended them by a friend I was only going to use for the face and hands as I always thought I'd have a problem washing the pooie wipes in my washing machine but after visiting the cheeky ladies at the baby show they convinced me that it was fine and actually sometimes you get poo & wee on the baby grows and you wash them. We decided once J was home and due to my C section that we  would set up a changing station upstairs and down, for the 1st few days we bring the changing mat downstairs during the day and then take it upstairs at night but for the sake of £6 we brought another changing mat but we only have the cheeky wipes downstairs as this is where we do most of our changing so at the moment we just use the free wipes I have upstairs but we may consider buying another cheeky set, thought we could use the travel kit? I suppose It's all about finding what works best for you. 

My advice is by all means have some baby wipes I have a few packs I was given free so they are in my changing bag and also upstairs but I would differently recommend buying the cheeky wipes.


Nappies
The main bit of advice I was given was not to stock pile nappies before little one arrived as you never know what size they will fit. Over the time of being pregnant I started a collection of 1 pack of each new born nappy some I was given others were freebies or I'd buy the odd pack. Over the last 2 weeks we have been trying the various types and I have to say I am SO glad we didn't go and bulk buy any nappies.


Huggies - are too big for my one


Pampers - are slightly too big but I like the blue strip down the front and will probably buy these when I see them on offer


Sainsburys - are rubbish they leak we tried them a few times but J always managed to wee right through them & his baby grow & sleep suit oh and on the crib.


Aldi - these are our favourite at the moment, they last well and also can't go wrong with the cost they work out at 7p each so we have brought more of these.


I would differently recommend not stock piling nappies just buy one or two of each type and see how you get. You'll always find offered on nappies & even wipes if you look enough. Also don't forget a out Amazon they have good deals if you subscribe & save.


The other thing we've found is the amount of rubbish we now have, our council only empty our bin every 2 weeks. We looked into the whole environmental collection but at £12 a month we not sure we want to pay this ontop of us now buying powder milk. So we started looking into weather we could purchase another bin for our council to collect and came across the real nappy company again so we have ordered a trial kit from our council to give them a go, I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment