Friday 31 May 2013

The Blissful Baby Expert


When I 1st got the request from The Blissful baby expert on twitter I had to say I ignored it, couple days later it came again and for what ever reason I accepted it.

Most of the tweets I skimmed over mainly as they were advertising her book. I’d pretty much decided that I wasn’t going to buy any ‘Baby’ books. A few years back when I started down the trying to get pregnant route a friend gave me Minus Nine to One – which is a honest diary that Jools Oliver wrote , I enjoyed it and have recently picked it up again, any way this is not about that book.

So as I said I’d pretty much been skimming over the tweets by the Blissfull baby expert until yesterday when I saw this one:


blissfulbabyexpert (@blissfulbabyexp)
#pregnant #mum2be Worried about going into hospital & #birthplan for #labour Read this post on @TheBabyWebsite thebabywebsite.com/blog/birth-pla…

So I clicked on the link and started ready, what I read made sense almost as if Lisa was talking to me and it made me laugh which is always a bonus! This made me look up her book on amazon and what I saw intrigued me, it had sensible chapters covering everything from what equipment to buy before baby is born to weaning and much more.

When I saw I could download a free sample of the book to my kindle I thought why not. It covered part of the 1st chapter and it was a very interesting read so I decided that as the full book was only £1.03 on Amazon Kindle that I would just go and buy it.

What I love is that it’s written by a women who has had 3 of her own children and has been a nanny for a number of years and the main thing that stuck out in the introduction for me was that "no guidelines fits all – every baby is unique!" & “Babies are not robots and all have completely different personalities, so therefore each routine needs to be tweaked slightly and adapted”

In the 1st day I have just got to the end of the 3rd chapter but I already know it will become a book I will refer to often.

So thank you Lisa The Blissful Baby Expect for writing such a down to earth book!

No comments:

Post a Comment