Friday 22 March 2013

2nd trimester! Weeks 14 – 25

Christmas was good, think it was made better knowing that this would be our last on our own.

We did get some bad news in this time that one of hubby’s work colleagues had lost her twins, this hit us quite badly. So I think that wait until the 20 week scan was the worse.

Lucky at 16 weeks you get your 2nd midwife check up and you get to hear the heat beat for the very 1st time, unfortunately Hubby was unable to attend mainly due to me booking the delivery of the dishwasher.

Finally 31st January 2013 arrived and had a count down to the scan. This was the all important one where we to find out if we we’re team pink or blue! I hadn’t brought that much by now only 2 little outfits and a little bunny. At the scan little one was wriggling quite a bit but obviously wanted us to find out what it was, although it didn’t give us any nice pictures. Before hand I wanted a girl most and Hubby wanted a boy.

It was official we were team BLUE!



Next day I went to mothercare and brought the below






















Deep down I did knew it was going to be a boy as we couldn’t be that lucky and also I think the boys name had come a lot easier than the girls, always think that’s a sign.

1st thing I wanted to do is go and tell my mum and Dad, so we headed straight there after the scan. Mum was over the moon and so was Dad, think he was even more touched by the fact our chosen name was James Peter Hannington. James for Chris’s great granddad and Peter for his granddad any my dad.

We’ve just had our 25th week check up though it was done at 23 weeks due to us being on holiday on my 25th week. Was amazing watching hubby’s face when the doctor played the heart beat.

Bump ar wk 16


Bump at week 23

No comments:

Post a Comment